The tigers are always stunning, but they are especially active when it is cold and snow is on the ground. This one is Alexis I think (just so you can be impressed with how familiar I am with the tigers. I'm the cool one).
Sadly, Meg is having trouble with her tummy. We have to hold her just like this when she has her tummy-aches . . . this is a daily part of life for us and we have a special dr. who is helping us to work this out.
Tummy episode over, we strolled to the Butterfly Pavilion only to discover it closed for the season. But the disappointment was short-lived because the Bug Carousel was just across the path! Meg chose her ever-favorite ladybug to ride on. I would like to note that while riding on the carousel, Meg declared that it was "cool." Sigh. Her first "cool" ever.
The giraffes live in this indoor arena thing for the winter and it's actually so neat to come see them here instead of outdoor because you can really see them up close. It smells terrible though.
I thought this was funny. :)
And this just makes me glad to be, well--human.
The turtles are a highlight for Meg and her little magnifying glass was put to use inspecting them for a few minutes but this guy just swam laps back and forth so she ran with him a few times.
Finally, something decent to investigate with the magnifying glass.
Ahhhh, we all love the Bronx zoo!!! BTW, my yearly pass expired yesterday but we were happy that nobody who works at the zoo cares enough to notice--at least 6 people looked at it and we never had any questions!
2 comments:
42 degrees is balmy! Holy crap - I'd be a popsicle if I live there. It was almost too hot for pants here yesterday.
I love your zoo pictures, looks like a cool place to go.
I'm jealous of your *balmy* weather! And apparently, I must say cool really often, because Henry has already picked up that phrase ;-)
Post a Comment