It's just too blasted cold here in NY. We found a deal, so off we went to try and melt the ice that seems to be stuck to our very bones. Within 5 minutes of stepping off the plane in Cancun, I was able to breath deeply (something you can't do when it's below freezing outside) and shed my sweater and literally stopped on the busy airport sidewalk, turned my face into the breeze and closed my eyes and let the wind blow my hair. I looked like a corny movie, but seriously! I'm beginning to arrive at the reality that I am a CA girl at heart. More on that later. We had a Fantastic time. Beautiful. Warm. Perfect. One bee sting (Meg) but a quick recovery was made.
Our friends, Jeff, Holly and Sienna also made the trip so our girls were in perfect bliss playing together each day on the beach and at the pool. We actually met Jeff and Holly in Cancun two years ago when Meg and Sienna started dancing and playing together outside where a mariachi band was playing one evening (look in my blog archives!) and the rest is history.
Holly is in her 6th month of pregnancy and I wasn't going to let a beachy photo shoot opportunity pass us by. I came back with several amazing photos for my portfolio. Of course, Brian and Jeff had to check their phones and Blackberries every night. It was a humorous sight since they had to stand in the middle of the lawn outside our rooms to get service.
No, the sexy guy in the speed-o isn't my dear husband. But we saw lots of European beach-bathers, so he is a mascot.
No comments:
Post a Comment