This last Saturday, I summoned the Scribner family to a pot-luck style dinner at our house. Not everyone was able to come, of course (we missed everyone who couldn't make it due to work, babies, soccer, revivals, distance. . . ), but this is about half of us:
It was raining, which was a bummer (#45: "can't depend on CA sunshine when you actually want it" ), but that turned out to be okay, I think. Everyone was happy to chat and play and watch Ratatouille and eat and drink gallons of coffee. I think Grandma Margaret enjoyed herself, despite her sore foot, and I need to say a big thank you to Uncle Rob who drove to Camarillo in the rain to fetch her!
Yes, the sounds of my family laughing and talking in the house around me made my heart glad. I am thankful to live near enough to enjoy this and hope to have more of this in the future. That is, unless my "Desperate for New York" list wins out.
No comments:
Post a Comment