Here is Meg testing the temperature last week and then escaping to turn a few spins outside:
It's been a long and very cold winter, so please understand these musings come from a place deeper (and colder) than normal! Even my Meg danced a little dance and begged to eat breakfast on the deck this morning! Brian and Meg were awake, dressed and playing outside by 8:00 am. Brian dug Meg's little garage sale tricycle from last fall out to the front yard and was astonished that she could now ride it (she rides bikes at pre-school, silly daddy) so they rode up and down Larch rode as far as the sidewalk goes in both directions. After a really wondrous morning spent mostly outdoors (alongside snow still piled up against the house and in shady spots), we all headed off to Barbie's 4th birthday party! I just adored how sweet Meg looked when we left, so I snapped this picture, figuring that if I wanted a picture I had better get a good shot before she was covered with cake. . . or worse. So, here she is BEFORE:
Well, Barbie's party was over the top with kiddie excitement, including a face-painter! All the little girls had sweet little flowers and butterflies and princess tiaras painted on their sweet little girl faces, but not my Meg. She requested a monster face, and had to repeat this request several times for a surprised face-painter! So, here is my little Meg AFTER:
Tonight after Meg's bath we let her stay up and play for "a few extra minutes" during which a very tired daddy fell asleep on the bed. Meg then decided to bring him a few animals to sleep with "to help him feel better" then brought him an extra blanket which she arranged a dozen times to make sure it covered both his feet and shoulders. The best part of this story is the happy ending. When I finally called an end to the evening and announced bedtime, she put every single animal back where they belong in her room. I had gone downstairs to get Meg a cup of water and when I came up she showed me and said, "look, mommy--it's all cleaned up! Does that make you happy?" It certainly does, Meg. It certainly does!
No comments:
Post a Comment