We had such a ball opening gifts! Well, let me back up. When we came downstairs, Meg was mildly impressed that Santa had eaten the cookies and grapes she left out for him! She had asked Santa for a giraffe and a duckie, which we decided to highlight in the new stroller, rather than wrap them up, they were all sitting under the tree and Meg was, honestly, not shocked. She simply smiled and said something like, "oh, Santa brought the giraffe." Such faith--it was simply a matter of fact. So the fun part was the four hours it took us to finish opening gifts. Meg was so happy to play with each new item before moving on to the next. I made the William's Sonoma monkey bread mix which took the entire 4 hours to make and bake. I will never do that again, I could have done it faster just making it myself! It was tasty, but holy Christmas! Here is Meg digging into the gifts. I was so frustrated the night before because I couldn't find the cute Christmas jammies I bought her (I found them later, jammed behind the drawer in her dresser). These PJ's are a mish mash that she came up with on her own!

Carson received a new orange ball!

Meg with her new robe and her new camera. She requested her dollhouse to be brought down since she received some new furniture and dolls and wanted to play with it asap.

Here we are out on our first annual Giles Christmas walk. Oh, it should be noted that we actually enjoyed a white Christmas. Our first, I think.

Our friends Brenden, Yvonne and Felix came up from the city for Christmas dinner (I tried to re-create grandma's ham feast) then spent the night! Meg and Felix are excellent playmates, mostly because Meg tells Felix what to do and well, he does it. Here they are by the tree on December 26th!
No comments:
Post a Comment