Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Rock-and-Roll Easter

This Easter was quiet. And then there was the earthquake.

First, we woke and had a nice quiet family Easter morning. The Easter Bunny brought Meg some nice goodies, hid some eggs around the house which she found in about a minute and a half, and then we ate our now-traditional quiche and croissants. We slowly got dressed then drove to Karen and John's house in Palm Springs.

Carne-asada was lunch (That makes Rob happy, as you can see) and strawberry shortcake for desert. It was such a nice warm day in the desert that the girls were (luckily) playing outside when the earthquake rolled through.  The rest of us piled outside to watch the houses and brick walls and trees swaying. I've never seen a big earthquake from outside, and while it was good to know we were safely out of harms way, I didn't like it one bit. Famous for my earthquake craziness, I think I composed myself quite well on this occasion. I am surprised to report that Meg was not even frightened to go to bed that night and hasn't really mentioned the earthquake again.





No comments: