Ahhhh, Christmas. Our last few Christmases have been a little stressful (flying in from NY each year, mailing presents vs. packing presents as luggage. . . then last year we decided to stay home in NY and really missed our families. . . and spent a small fortune at the post office). This Christmas was really nice--the first in 8 years that didn't require traveling! As much as I really do miss life in NY--and I miss it alot--Christmas is the one time I am glad to live close to home again. What a joy to pack the car with presents and cookies and the dog and a mere overnight bag (!) and head to grandma's house and arrive in just 45 minutes! The Christmas agenda was packed, but all fun and merry and not at all stressful. On Christmas Eve we stopped at my parents house to drop the dog and the bags and half of the "stuff" then headed to Brian's parent's house to celebrate with his family. I forgot my camera (it was inadvertently unloaded at the first house, boo) so as soon as I get some pics from Rachel I will share them (hint hint!!).
We slept at my parent's house, Meg had a difficult time falling asleep that night and finally did so at around 11:30 and only with me crawling in bed with her and practically holding her down. On Christmas morning, Meg and Emeri awoke almost at the same time and headed downstairs to see what Santa had brought! Meg received a "little teddy bear" from Santa, which is what she requested of him at Dax and Tally's birthday party! It was pretty hard to hold off the two little girls so we let them dig into their stockings first. I love how Christmas morning always starts off slow then gains momentum and soon all methods of organization or politeness are forgotten in the excitement. Soon, each child is lost in his or her own concentration to open the most presents in the least amount of time! I grabbed my camera.
Later we all headed to Grandma Margaret's house where we celebrated with my extended family. It was our first year celebrating without my grandfather, who passed away in August. He loved Christmas and we missed him very very much. Meg, being all of four years old, remembered him alot during the holidays, saying that she missed him and that she wanted Grandma Margaret to be happy. We all loved being in grandma and pa's house for Christmas and will treasure these memories forever.
This is John and Karen and Charlie and new-baby-in-the-tummy. Charlie is the dog, btw.
Here are some adorable cupcakes that my sister, Kristin, made for Christmas!
Happy Holidays Everyone!
1 comment:
Traci,
Your new blog design is great! What a special place to capture the essence of your family. We miss you bunches. Wishing you were still in NY!
Post a Comment