Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Everyone! We wish all of you a wonderful holiday!!


Funny little Christmas story: We took Meg to FAO Schwartz this week and let her sample and play with all the toys. She was in love with the big piano (the one in BIG) which was no surprise as pianos in general are a favorite item with Meg. She was talking about the piano as we worked our way out of the store so I told her that she should ask Santa for a piano when we went to see him (next week). Now, I can't say that I thought she understood this concept, I was merely chatting with her, she's only two! But a few minutes later we passed by the humongous Lego Santa at the entrance and as we passed Meg swung around and said sweetly, "Santa-piano peas."

Funny story part II: That reminds me of something I want to remember forever, so I'll record it here. While visiting the Shaws a few weeks ago, Meg and Brian were banging and playing on their piano (I'm sure they appreciated that). Brian was able to sight read a little music they had and he played O Christmas Tree for Meg, singing along, of course (I'm sure they really really appreciated that). It was the first time Meg heard that song, and it stuck, she's been singing it ever since then, especially when she sees Christmas Trees. When we come downstairs in the morning, every morning, Meg groggily points says, "O Christmas Tree." And at least once a day she finds her little four-key baby piano toy and sits facing the tree, singing and banging away, "O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, aw ya-ya-how-a maw-wes." I just never want to forget how much she loves "O" Christmas Trees and how she serenades every one she sees.

This pic was almost our Christmas Card photo! In any case, here we are. Since we always travel for the holidays, I'll probably not update until we get home after the new year. In that case--have a wonderful holiday!

1 comment:

Ryan, Jane, Nate and Zach said...

Such a great family photo!
I love all your cute Meg stories.