Our first summer "in the country" has been. . . educational, fun, humid, expensive, comedic, adventurous, strange, I could keep going. You may notice that it has been almost a month since my last real entry and that is tragic because so much has happened and I'm never going to remember it all. But I will try to re-cap a few high points. BTW the above picture was a spontaneous breakfast moment--I pulled her hair up with this ribbon which was handy and then she pointed at my camera and said, "cheese" so naturally I complied. She played to the camera for at least 12 shots, all as funny as this one!
Poor Carson has suffered mightily due to the new country life. This month he contracted Lime Disease ($600 vet bill) and was only last Thursday night attacked by a skunk. Long story short--it is Sunday night and he still stinks.
Brian's Big 36th birthday was last weekend (Sept. 3) and we invited a small crowd to have a big ole country BBQ at our place: Baby back ribs & chicken with ma's (Traci's) homemade BBQ sauce and baked beans. And don't forget the corn on the cob, cheese bread and grilled veggies. The crowning glory was chocolate chocolate cake :) Brian was smiling. Ma was so busy cookin' she ain't got one single photograph. That's aw-right. I think all the folks had a fine time. (There was a theme, if you didn't catch it) Meg had so many friends at her daddy's party--she was in heaven!
We finally tuned up the bikes and tricked Brian's bike with a fancy schmancy state-of-the art baby seat! Meg actually didn't enjoy it at first but now she asks to go all the time.
Meg and I have been fluttering around with all of our friends! Meg and Ella met up at the Central Park Carousel for a ride on a horsie--here they are waiting for their turn to ride:
Here we are decorating a rooster!
Just this weekend we took Meg to Starbucks for an afternoon refreshment and sat in the big comfy chairs while we sipped our coffee/vanilla milk. When it was time to go we packed up and headed for the door. Meg swung around in Brian's arms and gave a big sweeping wave to the guys behind the counter (who know her well, I've got to admit) and pronounced loudly, "By Bye Star-buck!" Everyone in the whole place melted laughing!
It was Grandpa Bob's Birthday this last week, too. I found this old shirt from his big birthday party in 1983 and since it fit Meg we had a little photo shoot and this was the front of Grandpa's birthday card.
We had one strangely chilly day in August which was actually refreshing. Brian and Meg came with me for a photo shoot I was doing and when I was all done, I snapped a few cuties of Meg. I love this one. . .
1 comment:
Traci!!! How are you? Brian told me about your family blog and I have to tell you how gorgeous Meg is, I just love all her adventures.....Mac told me 'that's a girl' when he saw her pic....they would have fun together! Glad NY is treating you well, you certainly look amazing! Sending our love and best wishes and a big hug from Mac to Meg.....Love Fiona and Macallum
Post a Comment