


Last year on this day we brought Meg home from the hospital, after her 2 week stay in NICU. She was not quite 5 pounds when she came home, and she was drinking less than 2 ounces per feeding. We were so joyful on the day when she came home, partly because we got to bring her home about week earlier than expected; the hospital had asked us that morning if we'd like to bring her home today! I have been thinking about this all day and wanted to relive the day in pictures a little bit. If feels so strange to give birth to a chid then leave the hospital without her. And even though we were so very thankful for her increasing health and strength, we felt like our hearts were being ripped apart every time we left the hospital. I would cry every time I arrived in the NICU and saw her in that plastic box, and I would cry every time I left. Then I would wake up at night and cry some more!! So, her homecoming was an amazing day for us, and I will always remember it and relive it and thank God for our precious baby girl. These are pictures of the day we brought her home.
1 comment:
Wow - she was so teeny-tiny! I couldnt imagine having to leave something so precious :(
(sniff, sniff)
Post a Comment