Sunday, February 11, 2007

Weekend Report

Sorry, no pics. I just wanted to record (mostly for my own sake, so stop reading if my Meg drawl is boring) some special happenings from this past weekend. It is Sunday night and I am "listening" to the Grammy's and everyone else is asleep. I am super tired but can't stop thinking. This weekend was crazy, but great, we three just stayed local doing house projects. We worked on unpacking/organizing the disaster in the basement; we purchased and put up some shelving down there. Brian painted the front door and we bought some other odds and end for the house and Meg's room. We bought Meg a rug for her room and when she (literally) toddled in and saw it she laughed and then laid down on it tummy-side down with all four limbs up, like a seal. Then she said "roll-roll" and started rolling around--I think she likes it. We also bought her a big soft chair for her room and she spent hours reading books on it today. Reading books means she sits next to a big tub of books and one by one pulls them out, settles into the chair and looks at one page (talks some gibberish, points to something, sings a little ditty) then throws it in a pile on the floor before pulling another book from the book tub. It just seemed to hit the "isn't that so sweet" bone in my body tonight even though this is a common practice, maybe it was the way she settled so cutely into her new soft chair. This weekend Meg also started a few new things that might seem ho-hum but I'd like to remember them. She now points to things in the picture books when I read. I can ask her where the dog is on this page and she will look and look till she finds it, then point. Also, this weekend she began calling out to mommy and daddy. At Home Depot, Meg and I became separated from Brian and so we walked up and down the aisles looking for him, I told Meg to call daddy, so she did! For about 10 minutes, we wandered around with Meg calling "Daaaad! Dadd! Daaddd!" It's become so much fun for her to call out to us as soon as we leave the room. This is new--she has been saying mom-mom and dad-dad for months but actually calling out to us is adorable. I just wanted to remember this stuff, it's the best!

New Words: Off (as in, take off my bib or my jacket, etc), bubas (butterflies--also bubbles, but we realized tonight that the word works for both).

No comments: